Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Team Member: Val

Hello, my name is Val Stewart. I am a Captain in the Vancouver, Washington Fire Department and have been for nearly 30 years. I have been happily married to my lovely wife Patti for 39 years. Two of our gifts from God are one daughter and one son. Heather has blessed us with 4 beautiful grandsons and lives on a cattle ranch in western Washington with her husband of ten years.
Brent is our son who lives in southern California with his wife and they have also blessed us with a grandson. They are both ex-marines and he is presently a police officer in the city of Riverside California.
We are most blessed with the fact they all believe in Jesus and are raising their boys in the ways of Him.
I was saved 43 years ago in my father-in-laws church. One Sunday I am convinced he prepared his sermon with me as the focal point. I am really excited about this mission to the Sudan. I am anxious to see what God has in store for me in this Christ-centered adventure.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Val and Team Members,
    Firefighters For Christ Intl. is praying for each of you as you minister in Sudan. "You shall be my witnesses ...to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8 May the power of the Holy Spirit fill each of your lives as you minister in Jesus' Name! John White

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, everyone. I hope your trip goes as God has planned. Do be safe and bless the needy.
    Patti Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Dad and the rest of the team!
    I can't believe tomorrow is the day of your departure! WOW! How exciting this adventure will be. I can't wait to hear all the stories of what God has planned for each of you.

    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Wow- what an amazing trip this will be! We wish you well. Be safe!
    Lisa and David Cansler

    ReplyDelete