Sunday, January 4, 2009

Team Member: Peter



I am a child of SIM missionaries and grew up in West Africa. I am an engineer by trade and have been actively involved in missions programs at my local church. I accompanied my daughters on a few of their mission trips during their High School years and thoroughly enjoyed the experiences. Since they have left home, I have gone on several week long trips when my home church became a partner with World Relief in Malawi, Southern Africa. I have enjoyed honest, sincere Christians from other cultures who have far less than we do, who live far simpler than we do, and yet have so much more peace, joy and happiness in their lives and are so giving to others. It refreshes my soul and enables me to reset my attitudes and priorities.

In Sudan, I will be stationed in Yabus where SIM has established a BELC (Basic Educational Learning Center) and a Secondary School (High School). I plan to be working along side the SIM missionaries already there and could be; working as a teacher, teaching Bible classes or computer classes, jumping into a work/study agricultural project with the students, spending time with the students and conversing in English as they learn another language, or helping with the physical premises of the station. I look forward to learning first hand what God is doing in Sudan and plan to join Him in whatever capacity I am needed. I am an amateur photographer and plan to take pictures for our team.

Please pray that God will use my gifts, skills and abilities for His purposes.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to Peter and the team. I am praying for you!
    Bob Schmidt - MN

    ReplyDelete