Monday, February 2, 2009

Yabus is Hot

Today was very hot. Someone just told me it was 124-degrees. That explains why it has been a little slow moving around. We did accomplish some things this morning. Val got some painting done. Kathy started sorting through the things we brought to ready them for dispersal. Rick met with some elders to plan the preachers conference. Peter, Hanna and I began planning for and setting up the computer lab. A few of the guys got up in the middle of the night to catch the news on the Superbowl. Then mostly we rested and tried to keep as cool as possible. This is about all I have energy to write about today. Please pray for good heat coping strategies and an adjustment to the heat. I think it will get better as we get used to it. With love from Yabus!

4 comments:

  1. praying for cooler weather ( for you not me!!))!! talk about extremes!
    Praying for health as well, that kind of heat can make people sick if not used to it.
    Also praying all the kids can get to the school as well. Miss you Jen!!
    Love Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, God bless your heart! And, all those brave, loving, caring souls with you on this trip. As my daughter comments above, I too will pray for cooler temps, or at the very least coping strategies, as you request. I so love reading your blog, thanks so much for sharing. God loves your hearts for all you are doing there. Take care of yourself and God bless you. Debbie S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard for us to imagine those kinds of temperatures. We know it does take its toll on the bodies so I will pray for cooling temperatures and relief from the heat.
    Jeremiah 31:25-26 says:
    25 I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint."
    26 At this I awoke and looked around. My sleep had been pleasant to me.
    My prayer is that you will have a pleasant sleep in spite of the heat and you will awake refreshed and ready to do the Lord's work in that place.
    Tell Kathy that her study group misses her and anxiously awaits her return to see what the Lord has done to her heart in that place.
    May the Lord bless you and keep you.Kay Weaver

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jen, you are such a gift in so many lives. All of you are doing such good works, I am so proud to call you and Dean my friends. I pray you stay safe and see God in all the new and different ways He shows Himself to you and your group. May the heat not melt you!
    Love you loads,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete